Digicel Foundation is a non-profit organization established by Digicel in 2004, to support community-based and community-driven activities. The vision of the Foundation is, working with Government and NGOs, the Foundation will support projects in Jamaica that cater to educational, social and or cultural opportunities that can inspire positive energy in young people. This will lead to stronger self-sufficient communities. The Foundation was established with US$60M by Digicel. Among projects implemented by the Foundation are:
- The establishment of a Chair in Telecommunications Policy and Management at the UWI
- Constructing a physiotherapy unit and computer training centre for the Mustard Seed Communities' Widow's Mite Home in Murray Mount, St. Ann .
- Establishing an information technology lab at the Jose Marti High School
-The establishment of a state-of-the-art Resource Centre at Jessie Ripoll Primary
- J$9-million dollar upgrading of the sports and irrigation facilities at St. Elizabeth Technical High School
- Expansion and refurbishing of the Guidance Counselling Unit at Ascott Primary School in St. Catherine
Rebuilding of the Lakes Pen Basic School in a record time of six-weeks
- The Foundation is also a recipient of the UWI Principal's Award for outstanding contribution to research.